I suppose everyone who writes a blog on the first weekend of the New Year should write something about resolutions. I will do this also, because I strive to conform in every way to society's expectations of my blog. To that end, I resolve to do the following things in 2010...
1. "Just the one divorce in '99" (from a great Friends episode) - I resolve to watch more TV. I'm way behind the normal curve for commercial television intake. Therefore, in order to catch up with the rest of society, I will endeavour to become hooked on at least two of the following shows: Desperate Housewives, Biggest Loser, Real Housewives of Atlanta, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Stargate SG-1, or Cake Boss.
2. I resolve to diet as much as possible in the first two months of the year and then give it all up and let myself go for the next ten months. I'd really like to fit in, so I will commit myself in total devotion to at least one of the following diets: the South Beach diet online.com, the Atkins Grapefruit diet (a new combo), or the Ultimate Wheatgrass Detox diet.
3. I resolve to make two of the four payments toward a BowFlex total home gym.
4. I resolve to pay off all my credit card debt using other credit cards.
5. I resolve to be more spiritual by purchasing the used bath water of Creflo A. Dollar. This is also part of my resolution to become extremely wealthy.