What is rockabilly?

We went to a birthday party on Friday night, and our instructions were to dress ‘rockabilly’. These instructions included a link to a ‘how to’ website in case we weren’t familiar with the style :) - http://www.wikihow.com/Dress-Rockabilly [I love it when people write how to’s about the most random things, like this one on how to become a civil war drummer… awesome - http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Civil-War-Drummer-(Reenacting)].
Here’s our attempt at Rockabilly complete with awesome fifties hairdo’s… and yes, my name tag says ‘Pony Boy’ :).




Also interesting... Candice's name at the party was Dottie. Can anyone guess the movie? (Hint: it's practically Candice's favorite movie of all time).

Well that's all folks. I’ll catch all you crazy cats on flippity flop… until then: Stay gold, blog readers… stay gold.

Comments

  1. I know who "Pony Boy" is and what movie he was from, but "Dottie" is eluding me. My guess (which I'm convinced is wrong) is "Steel Magnolias" but I'm pretty sure that movie had nothing to do with Rockabilly. Come to think of it - neither did "The Outsiders" so who knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is.... "A League of Their Own"?

    Love the pics and love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I love A League of Their Own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call!!! A League of Their Own is correct! I (secretly) love that movie too :).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts