1. Yesterday we had a really pleasant visit with some friends who were coming to explore Cambridge as a PhD option. Shout out to Brent & Aline Thomason… we grew up with Brent, who now lives in Germany and is getting a master’s degree in Belgium. How awesome is that! Sadly, they could only stay one night… we miss having people around, and it seems like everyone has left Cambridge for Easter break!
2. The initials for Candice & Collin are CC… the initials for Chocolate Chip are also CC… coincidence? I think not. (Sadly, we’re missing the Cookie… perhaps one day we’ll complete the parallel). In any case, we made some really good cookies recently… this time I tried using dark brown sugar and it gave them a nice maple flavour.
3. I wore bright red socks today, and they make me feel like I could jump really high… I was scared to try it, though… they are, after all, really red.
4. Candice thinks the above sentence is a little (okay, a lot) ridiculous… her comments are duly noted.
5. I’m really sad that the Baylor Bears lost to Duke last night. It was an exciting game right to the end, but I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. The Lady Bears play Duke tonight… Sic ‘em!!!
6. The weather was not cool today. Just when you think it’s Spring, the rain and clouds come back… the cherry blossoms are nice, though.
7. We’re really grateful for all the people who have loved and supported us through the years… we wouldn’t be who we are today (for better or worse) without you.