Resolutions

I’ve given a lot of thought to resolutions this week… but not that much or I guess I would have made some by now. Honestly, I’ve always had a real dislike for resolutions, mostly because I thought they were cheesy and meaningless. But I do like the idea of a New Year being a new start… so here’s some resolutions that may or may not be my own:

1. First, I have to get this out of the way; it’s a not-so-clever joke that my more geek inclined friends will get: my New Years’ resolution is 1024x768.

2. Okay, now that we’ve got that out of the way. I decided this week that I should start running again, but I didn’t want to set a goal for myself that would be totally unachievable, so I resolve to go for a run at least once this year. Maybe next year I’ll double that, but for now, I’m shooting for one good run before 2012, which is more than I can say for last year.

3. I resolve to write a PhD thesis. This is something that I really should get done this year, so tomorrow I’m gonna go get started :).

4. I resolve to have a baby, which requires very little from me until about June-time, so this one shouldn’t be too tough, that is, until June.

5. I read something the other day that was a “fill-in-the-blank resolution” – “The person I want to be more like this year is ______.” High on my list would be Superman and Spiderman, but if I were being more serious, I would probably say I’d like to be more like Candice… she’s way more thoughtful and a much better listener than I am. In fact, if you’re thinking, “Wait, I think Collin is pretty thoughtful.” That’s probably because at some point, Candice reminded me to be thoughtful.

Comments

Popular Posts