People are starting to stare…

9 days overdue! Are you kidding me?! People are starting to stare… we were walking by an ambulance one day and I swear the guy driving the ambulance was eyeing Candice, just waiting to see if she’d go into labor right then. A few days ago, a guy passed her on the street and just shook his head from side to side saying, “Oh no, ohhh… no.”

It’s kind of a funny place to be, though, it’s like everyone is rooting for you, which is really sweet. But at the same time, it’s the only time in my life someone has ever said to me, “Well, I hope the next time we see you guys, you’ll be in the hospital.” What an awful thing to say at any other time. It’s like people are cheering for you to be in pain… wierd .

It’s also impossible to think about much else right now… even my music choices have been influenced. I’ve taken to playing the song “Let’s Hear it for the Boy,” from the hit Broadway musical Footloose, really loud in hopes that he’ll get the message.

Anyways, we’ll see how long this lasts; and I guess it could be worse. Candice is feeling really good, so at least she’s comfortable while we’re waiting :).

Comments

  1. Thinking about you guys and praying for all the excitement, anxiety, bliss, waiting, sleep, focus, perseverance, gentleness and grit that will continue to guide you through the coming hours and days. Sounds like you have found a good rhythm to waiting- distraction. This is actually a prep course for parenting I have since learned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts