Homemade bread

Every time we go to Collin’s grandparents house, Nana has fresh, homemade bread at the ready. They keep a loaf made up all the time because they prefer it to the ol’ Wonderbread varieties, and truly, the taste and texture are far superior to the stuff you can buy in your run-of-the-mill grocery store. So when my friend Jackie mentioned that she had a bread machine that was being a bit neglected, I thought I would borrow it and try my hand at it. I was going for a wheat bread that would slice easily, hoping it would help make a boring sandwich for lunch a bit more tasty. It turned out great and I think I might have a hard time returning the bread machine! Sorry, JG! :)

photo (2)

The recipe we used is super simple with only 6 ingredients:

4 1/4 cups wholemeal flour
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 tsp yeast

We dumped everything in the pot, with the flour on top and the yeast in last. The machine did the rest! If you have a bread machine in the back of your cupboard that needs some love, give this recipe a try!

I found the recipe on this site: http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/

Comments

Popular Posts