A bit of Asher for our families who are missing everything

We mentioned that Asher has learned how to show that he’s “1” with his finger. Now when we walk down the street, he grunts at people we pass to get their attention and then shows them how old he is. It’s hilarious. He gets lots of smiles and waves, though I’m sure people don’t know what he’s trying to do. There’s also a little game on my phone that shows different animals and counts them. It starts with saying, “There’s one elephant…” Yesterday when Asher heard this, he looked up at me, wide-eyed, and held up his tiny finger. Clever little guy!

We were outside talking to our friend Jackie yesterday, and we said to each other, “Well, I think it’s about time to go in.” As soon as we said that, Asher waved goodbye to Jackie and headed toward Mama to be carried inside. We are going to have to pay attention to what we say around this boy.

Sometimes I click my tongue at Asher when I’m changing his diaper in an effort to keep him on his back, which is quite a feat. The past few days he’s really been watching my mouth and then this morning when he woke up (at 5.40am, poke-my-eyes-out-it’s-too-early), he sat between us in the bed and, with a very serious look of concentration on his face, clicked his tongue several times. I’m sure you’re thinking, “So what? What’s the big deal?!” It’s not really the tongue clicking that’s so entertaining or important, it’s watching this little boy learn and put together new things in that little brain of his. He’s a little sponge! He’s so much fun and I can’t even imagine what he will be like in another 6 months!

Comments

Popular Posts